Say “yes” to cranberry scones! Light, buttery scones with dried cranberries make the perfect addition to any breakfast. Quick and easy to make whenever you have that craving for fresh scones.
Total Time: 25 minutes
2 cups, All-Purpose Flour
5 tbsp, Sugar
1 tbsp, Baking Powder
1/2 tsp, Salt
6 tbsp., Chilled Unsalted Butter
2/3 cup, Half-and-Half
1/2 cup, Dried Cranberries
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Cube butter into small pieces and return to the refrigerator until ready to use.
3) In a bowl, whisk together flour, 5 tbsp. of sugar, baking powder, and salt.
4) Cut in butter pieces with two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (You can also use a food processor for this step by pulsing the mixture).
5) Stir in 2/3 cup half-and-half until just moistened. Gently fold in dried cranberries.
6) On a lightly floured surface, knead dough with a gentle hand, approximately 5 to 10 times.
7) Form dough into a 1-inch-thick round and cut into 6 wedges. Place the wedges on a baking sheet at 2 inches apart.
8) Brush tops with remaining tablespoon of half-and-half and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
9) Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool on a wire rack before serving.
When it comes to scones, make sure that you do not overwork the dough. Kneading it too much would prevent scones from being light and airy. Also, make sure that the butter is as cold as possible before adding it to the flour mixture.