Sunday night football watching calls for some hearty sandwiches while you cheer your team on for the victory! Why not try putting together this tasty pork chop sandwich with caramelized onion then? Top it with a little light mayonnaise and Dijon mustard to bring the flavor of the sandwich to a whole new level.
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 pork chop (1″ thick), boneless
3 slices of tomato
1 small onion, sliced
2 Romaine lettuce leaves
1 baguette roll, sliced
1/4 cup bread crumbs
.5 tbsp. Dijon mustard
.5 tbsp. light mayonnaise
1 tbsp. oil
salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 375F.
2) Wash and gently tenderize the pork with the back of a knife. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Cover pork chop evenly with breadcrumbs. Bake in oven for approximately 25 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
4) In a pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion slices until brown and caramelized. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Remove pork chop once done and change settings of the oven to 400F. Place baguette slices in oven and toast for 5 minutes until golden brown.
6) Assemble the sandwich by layering a bed of lettuce, pork chop, mayonnaise and Dijon mustard, tomato, and onions. And you’re ready to eat!
It’s essential to tenderize the pork otherwise it will curl and shrink while it bakes in the oven. You can either use a meat pounder or the back of a knife will also do the trick!