A lobster and shrimp fruit salad is the perfect way to get any dinner party started! This appetizer adds a gourmet touch while still being delicious and refreshing. There’s a lot of different textures and tastes going on. From the savory lobster meat, crisp shrimp, sweet grapes, tart apple, crunchy bell pepper, to tender potato pieces, this appetizer will get your guests ready for the meal you have in store.
Total Time: 1hr 30minutes
Yield: 6 servings
2 lobster claws
6 large shrimps, peeled
1/2 bell pepper (color of preference), diced
8 oz. seedless grapes
1 medium russet potato
1 medium gala apple
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup light mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
1) In a pot of boiling water, place a steaming rack and steam shrimp and lobster claws until they are cooked or have a bright red color (approx. 10 minutes). Remove from heat.
2) Cut each shrimp into 4 or bite size pieces. Extract lobster meat when claws are still warm and shred meat into medium pieces with hands. Set aside.
3) Wash potato and place in the boiling water (make sure there is enough water to cover the top of the potato). Let boil for about 15 minutes until potato is fork tender. Remove from heat, remove skin, and dice into bite size pieces when cooled.
4) In the meantime, peel and core apple. Dice into bite size pieces and place pieces in cold water with the lemon juice.
5) Wash and remove skin from the grapes. Cut into halves.
6) Once all ingredients are cooled to room temperature, mix shrimp, lobster chunks, potato, apple, grape, bell pepper, and mayonnaise until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
7) Cover salad with plastic wrap and return to the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
This appetizer can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator. It is actually better to let the salad stay overnight in the refrigerator to let the flavors develop before serving.