There’s nothing that satisfies a sweet tooth like freshly baked cookies. These cookies are made with white chocolate chips and sweetened coconut flakes that’s a nice twist to the classic cookie recipe. With crunchy edges and a soft center, these cookies are a perfect afternoon snack when served with a cold glass of milk!
Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 36 cookies
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
3/4 cup salted butter, at cool room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup flaked coconut, sweetened
1) Preheat oven to 375F and line baking tray with parchment paper.
2) Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
3) Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar in a bowl until creamy. Then, add in egg and vanilla extract.
4) Slowly beat in flour mixture until combined.
5) Stir in white chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
6) Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto the lined baking tray.
7) Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 2 minutes. Then, remove cookies and set on wire rack to completely cool down.
The temperature of the butter is extremely important to the cookie texture. Butter that is at cool room temperature will allow the cookie to hold its shape, and flatten while baking without overspreading.
Avoid using butter that has been softened in the microwave or completely melted on the stovetop. Otherwise, the cookies will become overly greasy and doughy when it is finished baking.