Here’s a refreshing cold noodle dish that is made with chicken and noodles topped with a sesame dressing (涼拌 雞絲 粉皮 | 닭고기 누들). This recipe is perfect as an appetizer or even as a main dish.
Asian chicken salad with green bean noodles, cucumber, and carrot is topped with creamy sesame dressing. Sweet and refreshing carrots and cucumbers provide a crunchy texture that contrasts the bouncy green bean noodles and poached chicken. You can make a sesame dressing, but I’m using store bought Japanese sesame dressing for this quick recipe.
This dish is very versatile, and you can use any noodle such as soba to replace green bean noodles if you can’t find it. Top with chili oil too if you want some extra spice and heat.
Total Time: 15 minutes
60 g green-bean noodle
1 medium chicken breast
1 medium carrot
1 medium cucumber
3 tablespoon, Japanese sesame dressing
1 tablespoon, roasted sesame seeds
1) Poach chicken breast and set aside to cool.
2) Peel and slice cucumber and carrot into thin strips.
3) Boil noodles in large pot until fully cooked and transparent, about 8-10 minutes.
4) Shred the cooled chicken breast into small pieces with a fork.
5) Serve noodles topped with cucumber and carrot slices, and shredded chicken.
6) Drizzle with sesame dressing and top with roasted sesame seeds.