Golden brown and crispy on the outside, fluffy and tender on the inside- this basic French toast is simply amazing. This is a quick and easy basic recipe for classic French toast with cinnamon and fresh fruit that makes the best breakfast for any day of the week.
French toast (法式吐司 | 프렌치 토스트) is one of those breakfasts that’s easy to put together but instantly elevate your morning. Top this amazingly easy classic French Toast with any assortment of fresh fruit and syrup, and breakfast at home is ready.
Total Time: 15 minutes ( 2 servings)
4 slices, brioche bread
1/2 cup, whole milk
1/2 tablespoon, cinnamon
1 tablespoon, sugar
1/2 cup, fresh fruit (blueberries, banana, etc)
honey or syrup
powdered sugar (optional)
1) Prepare batter in a large mixing bowl, by combining eggs, milk, cinnamon, and sugar.
2) Heat pan on medium heat with oil.
3) Soak brioche bread in egg batter and make sure both sides of bread are covered. Since brioche bread is very soft, only soak for 10-15 seconds on each side; otherwise, bread would break apart.
4) Fry bread in the pan until golden brown. This will take about 4 minutes on each side of the bread.
5) Plate the french toast, and top with fresh fruit, honey, and powdered sugar.