This creamy lemon mushroom pasta (檸檬蘑菇奶油意粉 | 레몬 버섯 크림 파스타) pairs mushrooms with a lemon, garlic, butter, and parmesan cheese sauce to make a rich, flavorful pasta.
Any mushroom you find is perfect for this easy, quick pasta recipe. I’m using meaty oyster and shiitake mushrooms here. Whichever one you find, all they’ll need is a quick sear in a hot pan before being tossed into a creamy pasta sauce made with a generous grating of parmesan cheese, lemon, and garlic butter. Use pasta that can hold the sauce, which is why I’ve chosen fettuccine here for this tangy, creamy pasta sauce.
Total Time: 20 minutes ( 2 servings)
- 2 tablespoon, extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. mixed mushrooms (such oyster and/or shiitake), torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. pasta, fettuccini (can substitute with tagliatelle, spaghetti or bucatini)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon, dried parsley
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoon, butter
- 1/2 cup, Parmesan cheese, finely grated (more for topping)
- freshly ground black pepper
1) Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook half of mushrooms in a single layer, undisturbed, until edges start to brown and crisp, about 3 minutes. Give mushrooms a toss and continue to cook, until all sides are brown and crisp, about 5 minutes more. Transfer mushrooms to a plate, and season with salt. Repeat with remaining mushrooms, oil, and salt.
2) In meantime, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, until very al dente, about 3 minutes less than package directions. Reserve about 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid for later.
3) With the pan that was used to cook the mushrooms, melt butter and add in garlic on medium-low heat. Return all of the mushrooms and add in cream to the pan, while scraping the brown bits.
4) Transfer pasta to pan. Add in lemon juice, lemon zest, dried parsley, Parmesan cheese, and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to combine.
5) Add in reserved pasta liquid (about 1/2 to 1 cup) to loosen the pasta, if it is too thick. Cook for 2 minutes, until pasta is al-dente.
6) Divide pasta among bowls and top with more Parmesan cheese.